Developing cutting-edge technologies and products for healthy beauty
PCL Thread Advantages
Composition of PCL thread
• Biodegrdable biocompatible polymer
• 2 years degradation in the body
• PCL individually possess an excellent and proven safety-biocompatibility profile. This is proven through decades of extensive documented evidence from scientific literature and test results. It has been used successfully in numerous CE-marked and FDA-approved commercial bioresorbable medical devices for several decades world-wide.
• After being injected in the body, PCL is encapsulated by collagen presents in the body, escapes from phagocytosis, and then induces neo-collagenesis.
▶ Neocollagenesis of PCL
• PCL thread is encapsulated by collagen presents in the body, escapes from phagocytosis, and then induces neo-collagenesis.
• 10%~30% of volume increase effect can be expected.
▶ Histology after 1 month of PCLVitaminC thread (rat)
- Neocollagenesis observed around the thread
PCL vs PDO thread
PCL VitaminC thread
|• Polycaprolactone||• Polydioxanone|
|• Proven||• Not proved so far clinically|
|• Long (1~2years)|
(PCL is used as the main component of a long lasting filler, Ellanse)
|• Short (6 months)|
(PDO is wholely degraded in the body within 6 months)
|• Perfectly safe|
(PCL CE marked & FDA approved materials)
|• Not proved so far|
(Repetitive PDO injections for facial use is not clinically proved)
Dye used in the thread
|• None||• D&C Violet 2|
(Tattoo effect many occur)